Who wouldn’t want huge biceps?
So, here’s an advanced biceps routine to help your biceps grow in size and strength:
Before you begin your workout, remember to stretch your arms and also do a few light sets with dumbbells or the barbell itself for a warm up. You need to get the blood flowing into the muscle if you really want to increase its size. Not just this, warming up is important to prevent injury too.
So, here’s the routine:
- The first exercise in this routine is going to be Bicep Barbell Curls and you need to do 4 sets of 6 reps each with 2 minute rest period in between the sets. Now, you need to go heavy on this one. Try to go as heavy as you can and push your limits. Make sure you go all the way down and flex your triceps at the bottom. Squeeze your biceps nice and tight when you come up.
- The second exercise in this routine is the Dumbbell Hammer Curls and you need to do 4 sets of 8 reps each with a rest period of 1 minute 30 seconds in between the sets. Now, in this exercise try to go as heavy as you can. If you find it a bit hard to hold dumbbells, try to put your hand against the face of the dumbbells. In this way, you still manage to concentrate and put stress in your biceps even though you change your grip slightly.
- The next exercise in this routine is going to be Reverse Cable Curls and you are going to do 3 sets of 10 reps each with a rest period of 1 minute 15 seconds in between the sets. Use an EZ curl bar in this exercise and do the full range of motion. Try to squeeze your biceps nice and tight as you go up. Try to life heavy but make it a point to complete the reps. It’s the last few reps that you might find to finish which actually do the trick in maximizing gains. So, even if you find it hard to continue after 7 or 8 reps, stop for a second, take a deep breath and finish the set with another 2-3 reps. Push yourself to the limit if you are serious about gaining size.
- The next exercise in this routine is Dumbbell Wide Curls and you need to do 3 sets of 12 reps each with a rest of one minute in between the sets. Do this exercise on an incline bench. Remember, these are wide curls and you need to keep those dumbbells angled out. You are not doing regular Incline Dumbbells Curls here. With you back on the bench, you prevent any swinging back and forth and this makes you isolate and stress your biceps in a much better way.
- The fifth exercise in this routine is Dumbell Straight Curls and you need to do 3 sets of 15 reps each with a rest period of 45 seconds in between the sets. Since you have used heavy weights in all the other exercises, use lighter weights in this exercise. Put the dumbbells together and stretch your arms fully when you go down. Squeeze your biceps tight when you lift the weight up. This will give you and excellent burn.
- The last exercise in this routine is Elevation Curls. You need to do 3 sets of 15 reps each with a rest period of 45 seconds in between the sets. Go light in this exercise too. Watch the video above closely on how to do this properly. You should be getting a crazy pump with this routine.
Basically, you start with compound movements in this routine and then move on to isolation exercises. This is an excellent routine and try to go as heavy as possible.
Want Some Quick Results?
If you need to get great results, it’s important to use some good quality supplements in addition to a healthy and proper diet. Crazy Mass is a brand that I highly recommend. It sells legal steroids which are supplements that mimic steroids without any negative side effects. Crazy Mass Bulking Stack can help you gain pounds of hard and dense muscle in just an eight-week cycle. It’s definitely worth checking out.