Thighs happen to be one of the biggest muscles in your body and a good leg workout can give a real high. Trust me, once you get into the habit of working legs, you won’t enjoy any other body part like the way you would enjoy working out your thighs. At least, this is what my own experience says.
Before you begin your workout, remember to stretch your legs and then do some free squats so that you have blood flowing into your thighs and legs. Stretching and warming up helps prevent injury too.
So, here’s an advanced legs routine that can help you get massive legs quickly….
- The first exercise in this routine is the Barbell Squats and you are going to do 4 sets of 6 reps each with a rest period of 2 minutes in between sets. Try to go deep as you go down. A lot of guys do not go enough deep and this tends to neglect muscle growth. Squats are a great exercise for building thighs but it works only if you go deep enough. If you are not able to go deep, reduce the weight. With time, you will develop enough strength and enhance weight too.
- The next exercise in this routine is Dumbbell Reverse Lunge and you are going to do 4 sets of 8 reps each with a rest period of 1 minute 30 seconds in between the sets. It’s highly important that you keep your front knee behind the toe otherwise you will start getting pain in your knee. As far as your other knee is concerned, try to go as low as possible. You can even touch the ground to get a full range of motion. This helps you get optimal benefit for muscle growth.
- The third exercise is RDL or the Romanian Deadlift and you will be doing 3 sets of 10 reps each with a rest pause of 1 minute 15 seconds in between the sets. Try to keep your head up throughout the movement. This helps keep your upper back and the entire spine more neutral. Also, squeeze your butt at the top for glute activation. RDL happens to be a much more functional lift than the normal leg machine curls. It will help you get a much better stretch for your hamstrings. It’s a great exercise to help you pack some serious size.
- The fourth exercise is going to be Dumbbell Step Ups and you need to do 3 sets of 12 reps each with a rest pause of 1 minute in between sets. This is another great exercise that can help stimulate growth. It’s an excellent cardiovascular exercise too.
- The next exercise in this routine is the Cable Pull Through and you need to do 3 sets of 15 reps each with a rest pause of 45 seconds in between the sets. Squeeze your butt at the top and hold it for a second or two to activate your glutes as much as possible. Watch the video above closely on how to get the movement right. A lot of guys neglect their glutes while they are very important for overall leg development. There are a whole lot of glute exercises that you can do with dumbbells, cable or even the barbell and you must include a glute exercise in your workout.
- The last exercise in this routine is the Barbell Standing Calf Raises and you need to do 3 sets of 15 reps each with a rest pause of 45 seconds in between the sets. When you go down, raise your toe as much as possible and when you go up raise your heel as much as possible. This helps establish a full range of motion.
And this completes your leg workout. This is a great workout and try to do it next time you have leg day.
How to Get Tree Trunk Legs?
A right mix of a good workout, diet, and good supplements can help you build great legs. One of the best supplement brands that I have come across over the years is Crazy Mass and its Bulking Stack is my number one choice when it comes to muscle gainer. This stack consists of 4 legal steroids that can help you jacked with solid muscle without any side effects. It’s definitely worth checking out.