If you want to build your arms, it is important to concentrate on building triceps. What a lot of guys do not understand is that your biceps are a much shorter muscle, while triceps are much bigger in size. If you bigger and massive arms, you need to workout and increase your triceps size.
So, here’s a great workout (Advanced) to help you build your triceps:
- The first exercise in this routine is Weighted Dips. I am sure you must have done a lot of parallel bar dips but adding weight to this exercise can give it a whole new dimension. It increases resistance while you go up and thereby makes you put in so much more effort thereby putting in more stress on your triceps. If you do not have a weight belt or if you are doing it at home, you can do it with dumbbells or even a backpack. Now, you need to do 4 sets of 6 reps each. Make sure you keep your chest back so that all the stress is on your triceps. Remember, you are not doing dips for chest here and when you lean forward while doing dips, you put all the stress on your lower chest.
- The next exercise in this routine is the Cable Push Down and you are going to be doing four sets of 8 reps each. Make sure you fully stretch your arms when you pull the weight down. You should feel it on your triceps. Also, try to keep your elbows fixed throughout the movement to keep constant tension on the triceps. If you let your elbows come up you actually start involving your lats and this takes away tension from the triceps.
- The third exercise in this routine is the Dumbbell Skull Crushers. Now, you are going to do 3 sets of this exercise with 10 reps each and a rest of 1 minute 15 seconds in between sets. You can do it either lying in the floor or even on a flat bench. However, it’s better to do it while lying on the floor because when you are doing it on the bench you can actually go quite low and involve various muscles apart from your triceps. On the other hand, when you do it lying on the floor, you establish a range of motion and this range of motion specifically keeps constant tension on your triceps.
- The next exercise in this routine is Close Grip Bench Press. Now, you need to do 3 sets of 12 reps each with a rest of one minute in between the sets. With a close grip lift the barbell and go fully down till you touch your chest and while coming up you should stretch your arms completely. This is a great exercise to stimulate those triceps muscles. However, keep in mind that if you grip is too close, you risk injuring your wrist. So, try to get a grip while its close but you do not put stress on your wrist.
- The next exercise is Rope Straight Ups and you need to do 3 sets of 15 reps each with a rest period of 45 seconds in between the sets. This is a killer way to isolate the medial head of the triceps. Keep your elbows still and by going wide at the top you put stress on the lateral head of the triceps.
- The last exercise in this routine is Dumbbell Kickback and you need to do 3 sets of 15 reps each with a rest period of 45 seconds in between the sets. Try to keep your elbows as stationary as possible throughout the exercise to keep constant tension on the triceps. When you take the dumbbell back, try to turn the dumbbell a little bit. This is a small tip to stimulate your triceps even more.
This completes your workout. To summarize this workout:
- Weight Dips – 4 sets of 6 reps each
- Cable Push Downs – 4 sets of 8 reps each
- Dumbbell Skull Crushers – 3 sets of 10 reps each
- Close Grip Bench Press – 3 sets of 12 reps each
- Rope Straight Ups – 3 sets of 15 reps each
- Dumbbell Kickbacks – 3 Sets of 15 reps each
Want to Bulk Up Quickly?
If you are an advanced bodybuilder, I am sure you would be interested in getting jacked with pure, hard and lean muscle and nothing but the best supplements would satisfy you. Crazy Mass is one of the finest brands that I have come across over the years. It’s a company that sells legal steroids (supplements that mimic steroids without any negative side effects) and can ensure quick bulking as well as cutting without side effects. Crazy Mass Bulking Stack is a massive hit and can help you jacked very quickly in just an 8-week cycle. It’s definitely worth checking out.