When you think of a back workout the first thing that comes to your mind is chin ups. Now, of course, you need a chin up bar for that. However, if you do not have a chin up bar at home, it doesn’t mean you cannot have a good back workout.
Just a set of dumbbells can be more than enough for you to get an awesome back workout and that too in just 5 minutes.
Following is a great 5-minute back workout from Anabolic Aliens and I must say I have become a great fan of these guys. Having more than 100000 online subscribers for their youtube channels makes them even more credible.
Check out the video below for this amazing back workout:
Set your phone timer to five minutes, grab a pair of dumbbells and you are ready to go….
- The first exercise in this routine is Overhead Shrugs. Raise dumbbells over your head and do shrugs like you would normally do. Try to max out as many reps as possible in 60 seconds or one minute nonstop. This might sound easy but it is not.
- As soon as you are done with one minute of Overhead Shrugs, start with Bent Over Rows (Palms Forward). Again, squeeze your lats as you get the dumbbells up. Like the first exercise in this routine, try to do as many reps as possible in one minute without a break in between.
- The third exercise on this circuit is Y Backs. If you haven’t heard of this exercise, watch the video closely to see how to do this exercise properly. There’s so much that you can do with dumbbells and this guy is just a master at it. Keep the dumbbells angled and squeeze your lats as you get the dumbbells up. Keep your elbows straight throughout the movement. Try to max out as many repetitions as possible in one minute. Now, you are half way through the workout and you should be breaking a sweat by now. If you find it hard to continue, stop and take a breath before you begin again. However, do not stop for a longer period. Keep in mind that you need to finish this workout in 5 minutes straight.
- This exercise has to be followed with Straight Arm Pullovers. Lie down on the floor with dumbbells in your hands, palms facing upwards and arms fully stretched. Squeeze your lats nice and tight as you stretch your arms over your head. Keep the dumbbells together throughout the movement. Again, you must try to do as many reps as possible in one minute.
- Once you are done with it, start with Weighted Superman. For this exercise, lie down on the floor with your face towards the ground. Grab a single dumbbell with both your hands. Stretch out your hands completely. Now, raise both your legs and hands at the same time as you would do while doing Superman raises. Try to max out as many reps as possible in one minute flat, no rest in between. This is going to be hard but keep pushing yourself for a great back workout.
So, next time you cannot hit the gym on the back day, try this workout at home.
Trust me, you will love it.
Want to Bulk Up Quickly?
So, you exercise is just one aspect of building your physique. Nutrition, rest, and supplements are some of the other essentials of building a good body. Make sure your diet is rich in proteins and other nutrients so that you can get the best results from your workouts.
Supplements are also highly important. I would recommend Crazy Mass if you want to get great results. Bulking Stack from Crazy Mass is a massive hit among bodybuilders trying to get jacked with dense and hard muscle. This stack consists of 4 legal steroids (supplements that mimic steroids without any side effects). It can speed up muscle growth, increase protein synthesis and nitrogen retention, amplify your stamina, speed up recovery and also soothe aching joints. It has been getting incredible user reviews.