A lot of guys tend to neglect their calves but strong and well-built calves make your legs look great. Here is a 5-minute dumbbell workout for your calves.
All you need for this workout is a set of dumbbells. So, set you phone timer to 5 minutes, grab a pair of dumbbells and you are ready to go….
- The first exercise in this circuit is the Triple Threat. This is simple calf raise exercise with three variations in the way you position your feet – normal position with your feet facing forward, your feet angled inwards and your feet angled outwards. You need to rotate your feet in these different positions in every rep. Try to do as many reps as possible in 60 seconds or 1 minute without taking a break in between. By the time you are done for a minute, you should feel the burn in your calves. It sounds simple but it is not when you actually do it.
- As soon as you are done with the Triple Threat, start with Jump Raises. Keep your knees locked in this exercise. With dumbbells in both your hands, try to perform a calf raise while jumping but you do not have to take your feet off the ground. Watch the video closely to see how this exercise is performed correctly. You might not find it easy but keep pushing it. Keep it in mind that calves are the most stubborn muscles when it comes to muscle growth. Try to max out as many reps as possible in one minute non-stop.
- The third exercise in this routine is Downward Outer Calf Raises. With dumbbells in both your hands get down to the squat position and angle your feet outward. Now raise your calves and do as many reps as possible in 60 seconds without any breaks in between. Rest the dumbbell on the floor as you get down and pick them up again as you go up. Raise your heels as high as you can and keep your toes angled outwards throughout the movement.
- As soon as you complete a minute of this exercise, start with Squat Calf Lift. With dumbbells in both your hands go down in the normal squat position, raise your calves as you would in a normal calf raise and then get back up with your heels still in the raised position. Once you are back up, puts your heels down and repeat the same movement again. Trust me, guys this is not going to be easy. Watch the video closely to get the right movement. One minute of this exercise is surely going to leave your calves burning. Try to max out as many reps as possible in 60 seconds.
- The last exercise in this circuit is the Tip Toe Heels. With dumbbells in your hands, raise your heels up and down without them touching the floor. You need to be on your toes throughout the movement. And guess what guys? It’s not going to be easy. If you find it hard to continue for a minute, stop and take a breath and then continue again. Try to do as many reps as possible in 60 seconds as possible. By this time, you should be sweating nice.
Drop the dumbbells and just relax.
Want to Grow Those Muscles Fast?
If you want to grow your muscles faster, you need a combo or a good workout, healthy diet and right supplements. One of the finest brands that I have come across and tried over the years is Crazy Mass. Bulking Stack from Crazy Mass is a great combo of 4 legal steroids (no side effects!) that can help you get jacked with hard, dense and pure muscle by enhancing nitrogen retention and protein synthesis in your body. This stack is a massive hit with bodybuilders like you and has been getting awesome reviews too.