Want to work out your chest at home?
I am sure the first thing that comes to your mind when thinking of a home chest workout is push ups, but this workout is not about push ups since we are going to do it with just a single set of dumbells. Now, if you do not have dumbbells at home, just get one set as soon as possible.
Here’s the video:
Set the timer on your phone to 5 minutes, grab a set of Dumbbells and you are ready to go…
- The first exercise in this routine is Valley Presses. Even though I had been working for many years, I came to know of this exercise when I actually saw this video and you will realize how effective it is once you do this while routine. Squeeze your inner chest when you get the dumbbells close to your chest to get the right feel. Try to keep the dumbbells together throughout the movement. Stretch your arms fully as you complete the movement in each rep. If you find it easy to do, increase the weight slightly. Try to do as many reps as possible in one minute. I am sure by the end of one minute you will have your arms getting tired.
- As soon as you are done with this exercise, you need to begin with Standing Upward Flyes. This exercise is just like you do it on the cable press. With your palms facing upwards, lift the dumbbells up till your hands are slightly below your shoulders. Keep your arms straight throughout the movement. Watch the video above closely to see how to perform this exercise correctly.
- The third exercise in this routine is the Reverse Wide Bench Press. Get down on the floor and grab the dumbells with your palms facing your forehead. With your hands in this position, try to do dumbbell presses just the way you would do them on the bench. Try to touch the dumbbells with each other as you lift them up. Now, this sounds easy but in fact, it can be quite tough. Remember, the wider you go down, the better you’d be able to work out your chest. Like other exercises, this exercise also has to be done for one long minute without any rest in between. If somehow, you find it easy to do, grab a set of heavier dumbbells. Try to max out as many reps as possible in one minute. Do not forget to squeeze your chest as you lift the dumbbells up.
- This exercise has to be followed with Lying Regular Flyes. As soon as you are done with reverse wide bench press, start doing regular flyes while lying on the floor. I am sure you are already aware of how to do this exercise since its one of the basic exercises for chest. Squeeze your chest nice and tight as you lift the dumbbells up. Try to do as many reps as possible in 60 seconds.
- The last exercise in this circuit is Regular Wide Dumbbell Press. Start doing regular dumbbell presses as soon as you are done with flyes. Go down wide and squeeze your chest nice and tight when you get the dumbbells up. Like other exercises, you need to do this one exercise also for one whole minute.
Once you are done with this exercise, drop the dumbbells and feel the pump. If there’s any strength left, go for another whole set for next 5 minutes.
You can also finish your workout with push ups. Trust me, you will get a rock solid pump after you are done with this workout.
A good workout is just one part of the whole routine. You need to get enough nutrition too in order to build strength and help repair your muscles. As soon as you are done with this circuit, have a good protein shake. You can also try some good bodybuilding supplements. One of the best brands that I have tried is Crazy Mass and their Bulking Stackis amazingly effective for bulking with lean, solid and dense muscle without any side effects.