Like any other routine, before you begin make sure you do some stretching exercises. In this case, do not forget to stretch your legs for a couple of minutes. Stretching helps prevent muscle injury during the workout.
Like all the other workouts in this series, this is also a 5-minute workout. So, set your phone timer to five minutes, hit start, grab a set of dumbbells and you are ready to go….
- Begin this workout with Alternate Lunges – I am sure you are already aware of how to do lunges. Grab dumbbells in both your hands and take a step forward with one leg while you bend and touch the knee of the other leg to the floor. While doing this exercise try to keep the knee of the leg with which you step forward behind the toe of your foot. Watch the video closely to see how to do this exercise properly. Try to max out as many reps as possible in one minute with absolutely no rest in between. It’s important to maintain your balance as you step forward but again that comes with practice.
- As soon as you get done with lunges, start doing jump squats. Squats are a great exercise for building your thighs and jump squats and step up things a notch further. Believe me, they are not easy and more so when you have to do as many as you can in one whole minute without a break in between and that too with dumbbells in both your hands. It doesn’t matter how high your jump but just get your feet off the floor.
- One minute of jump squats and the next exercise to follow is Stiff Legged Deadflits with Dumbbells. Put your feet together while doing this exercise and feel it on your hamstrings. Try to do as many reps of this exercise as you can in one minute.
- Once you are done with stiff legged deadlifts, drop one of the dumbbells and start with Goblet Squats. Make sure your body weight is on your heels when you get down. Like other exercises in this routine, do this too for one whole minute, as many reps as possible.
- The last exercise in this routine is Plie Squat Hold Calf Raises – While holding the dumbbell in your hands just like in Goblet Squats, go down and do calf raises. Do watch the video above to see how it is performed correctly. One minute of this exercise and you are done with this routine.
You should be exhausted after this 5-minute workout. If you want something more, do a set of pause squats and this should set your legs on fire.
Don’t forget the Nutrition!
Remember your workout is just one part of your routine. Nutrition is equally important and so are right supplements. One of the most effective supplements range is that from Crazy Mass and I just love the Bulking Stack. I’ve tried it myself and have been able to achieve excellent results with it.