Have a set of dumbells?
That’s more than enough you need for a good shoulder (at home) workout. No barbells, no machines! All you need is just a timer and a set of dumbells to get an awesome shoulder pump.
This is just a five-minute routine and trust me, by the end of it, your shoulders would be burning.
In this routine, there are five exercises, exactly like we had in the Bicep Workout. This is also a 5-minute workout so set your timer to five minutes and of you go….
- The first exercise in this routine is the Reverse fly. Grab a set of dumbells and bend a little forward and perform reverse flyes just the way they are shown in the video above. Squeeze your shoulder blades nice and tight as you take the dumbbells up. You are not doing this exercise right until you feel the pinch in your shoulder blades in every single rep. Now, you don’t have to do 10 or 12 reps of this exercise but you need to keep doing it for one whole minute. Try to max out as many reps as possible in this one minute.
- As soon as you are done with this exercise, start doing Side Lateral Raises, with no rest in between. Trust me, a minute of this exercise is going to be tough. This exercise is also great for increasing endurance and for muscle building. With time, you’ll find it easier to do this exercise for a minute and when it happens so, try to increase the dumbbell weight or the number of reps.
- The third exercise in this routine is the Front Dumbbell Raise. Keep the dumbbells together throughout the movement and do not swing your body back and forth. Correct form is extremely important to ensure good results. Now, you can do variations in this exercise. You can either lift both the dumbbells together or lift them alternately. Like other exercises, you need to do this exercise too for 60 seconds or one minute.
- Once you are done with front raises, the next exercise to do is Dumbbell Upright Rows. This is another great exercise for your shoulders. Try to keep breathing throughout the exercise. Trust me, it’s not easy to continue doing this exercise for one whole minute.
- Fifth and the last exercise in this routine is the Arnold Press. Without any rest in between, start doing Arnold presses as soon as you are done with Dumbbell upright rows. Try to do as many reps of this exercise as possible in one minute just the way they are shown in the video above.
Once five minutes are up, drop those dumbbells and just relax. Trust me, you would be sweating like anything in these five minutes. It’s a great workout and if you want to push things even further, just go for another set of all these exercises for yet another five minutes or increase the weight.
How About Nutrition?
While a good workout is important to build muscle, good nutrition is even more important to repair those damaged muscles. So, get a good protein and other supplements to build your muscles quickly. One of my favorite muscle bulking supplements includes Bulking Stack from Crazy Mass that is a perfect combo of 4 legal steroids that can help you get results as close to actual steroids without any side effects.