Every guy you see in the gym seems to be interested in increasing his bench press and squats. There are no two ways about it.
Above is an interesting video with tips on how to increase your bench press.
How to Increase Bench Press – Easy Tips:
- Carbing Up : The idea is to maximize your glycogen before you do any compound exercise such as bench press, deadlift or the barbell squat. The rule of thumb is to consume 2.5 times your body weight (in grams of carbohydrates) the day before you workout. So, if you tip the scales at 200 pounds, you should consume 500 gms of carbs the day you hit your chest in the gym. This is going to boost your glycogen levels and give you the strength and stamina to lift heavier. Another great tip is to combine creatine with this carb intake. Ideally, you must consume 5 gms of creatine for every 100 pounds of your bodyweight.
- 50 Rep Challenge : This is a very effective technique. If you can do 10 reps with 225 lbs, you are going to do lift until failure every single set of 225 lbs until you get to a total of 50 reps. Now, doing these 50 reps can take you 8 sets or 14 sets etc, depending upon how your body responds and how you fatigue. Stick to this technique for about a month and you would be blown away with the results. You would be surprised to see the increase in your bench press within a few weeks. However, keep in mind that you must not rest for more than 75 seconds in between the sets. This is the key to developing strength here.
- Blast Your Tricep – A lot of guys focus on biceps but if you want to get a bigger and stronger chest, its important to pay attention to triceps exercises. This is because triceps are highly involved in all the chest movements. One of the best exercises to include in your triceps workout is Delcine EZ bar skull crushes. You will notice your bench press go up once you start doing this exercise. Dummbell overhead presses, diamond push ups and other exercises that help build your triceps.
- 5 x 5 Continuous Overload Progression – Now this is going to be a pretty intense routine. What you need to do is follow a 5 X 5 routine with dumbbell bench press and 5 X 5 barbell flat bench press. What you need to keep in mind is that you need to stay within the 5 rep range. If you are able to do 7 reps within a set, you need to increase the weight so that you are able to do only 5 reps per set. You can make this routine even more intense by adding 5 X 5 of incline bench press. This 10-15 set workout can do wonders for your chest and can help you push your bench press to the max.
- Get Motivated – One of the most important things that can help you achieve your goal is to be motivated enough. Listening to some good music in the gym or buying new fitness gear or working out with a gym buddy can help motivate to give your best in the gym. Anything that can pump up your adrenalin can be great in the gym and can help increase your workout intensity and strength by up to 5-10 percent.
These are some great tips that can help you increase your bench press within a few week. So hit the gym and enjoy your workout![ajax_load_more post_type=”post” category=”abs-workout,biceps-workout,chest-workout,steroids,testosterone”]