Looking for a good post workout shake?
Here’s a great recipe from Rob Riches that not only tastes good but is also great in terms of nutrient content:
After a heavy workout, Matcha Almond Protein Shake is highly recommended. This almond protein shake is very nutritious and it is going to energize you for the whole day.
Like a creamy ice cream, this protein-rich smoothie tastes like vanilla-green tea dessert. Unlike ice cream, it actually supports a lean physique, packed with muscle-building protein, and metabolism-boosting matcha. To make this a true “green smoothie,” just add in a handful of optional spinach, as suggested below!
Makes 1 serving
- 45 grams of essential complete protein(vanila flavour ). when we say essential protein, it means all the nutrient ,our body will need to recover our muscles or develop new cell.
- 2 scoops of glutimine: why we need glutimine is because we have fasted all night, and our body needs fuel .
- 1 cup of glutine free oat: it is an essential protein. what glutine free means is that ,part of the husk within the grain has been removed/
- 1 table spoon of Raw almond butter:this is almond seeds , that has been processed and turned into a raw butter, without been heated.
- half a table spoon of natural honey.
- sweetness(vanila extract).
- Matcha :A green tea powder.
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (Try Beaming’s sprouted almond milk)
- ¾ cup ice
- Liquid stevia, to taste
Blend all the ingredients together except the ice and stevia until smooth. Add the ice and blend until frosty. Taste, and add adjust sweetness with stevia if desired.
[ajax_load_more post_type=”post” category=”diet-and-nutrition,steroids,testosterone”]