If you are bodybuilder, I am sure you know what HGH or growth hormone is and how it can help you get bigger, stronger and muscular. As a matter of fact, growth hormone can deliver you better results as compared to testosterone. And this is simply because it’s the master hormone in your body that is responsible for controlling all the other hormones as well as growth processes in your body.
Use of HGH in the world of bodybuilding is widespread. However, it comes with a host of side effects.
Here are some of the most common side effects of HGH or human growth hormone:
- Enlarged Body Parts and Organs – One of the most common side effects of HGH is that it can lead to excessive tissue growth in your body. Yes! Almost every tissue in your body grows with regular HGH use. What it means is that it can grow your hands, feet, wrists etc. Not just this, it can also lead to organ growth in your body so that you brain, heart, intestines (covered in the next point) and every other organs grows in size. Now, this could turn fatal and lead to a lot of complications.
- The Descended Belly – Nowadays, a lot of bodybuilders who are on HGH have descended bellies and this is a side effects of using too much growth hormone. HGH makes your intestines grow but your stomach does not have enough room for them. As a result, they burst through the belly button, giving you a descended belly. This results in a herniated belly which needs to be operated upon. If you continue taking HGH even after the surgery, you will likely experience intestine growth again. This is a condition that makes bodybuilders have larger and thicker waists and you would agree with me when I say that these guys look terrible.
- Pituitary Shut Down – One of the most severe side effects of HGH shots or injections is that it can make your brain believe that it has too much HGH in the bloodstream and that it does not need to produce any more. This can lead to a lot of problem when you stop taking HGH shots.
- Psychological Effects – HGH can make you feel like a super human with immense power and strength and once you stop this cycle, you are likely to feel low and down. In other words, you get hooked to HGH and think of taking it again and again, causing a lot of damage internally. This is something that can really screw up mentally. What you need to understand is that it is like a drug and you can get addicted to it.
- Excessive Growth – As described above, HGH can make every tissue in your body grow. It does not lead to spot growth (does not grow your biceps, triceps or chest in isolation but also grows every single body part and organs). If you have a medical condition like cancer or tumor, its going to speed up growth and could even result in death. And this is something that has happened to a lot of pro bodybuilders who use this stuff.
Least of all, HGH injections can be extremely expensive too. They can cost you around $10000 a month, which I must say is a pretty good amount.
HGH supplements or releasers are a better and safer alternative since they do not have any artificial growth hormone in them. They are formulated with a wide range of amino acids and other natural ingredients that make your pituitary gland produce more growth hormone of its own. This is a complete natural approach to increasing HGH without experiencing any negative side effects.
The best part is that it is not addictive and you can leave it any time without feeling hooked on it.
One of the best HGH supplements is Somatropinne HGH that has been developed with input from IFBB professional bodybuilders. This formula is safe, natural and can do wonders for your bodybuilding goals.