For your chest workout days, the Superset Chest Workout devised by gym owner and 2013 BodySpace Spokesmodel Brian Casad is one of the most effective ways of developing lean mass.
When performing the exercises demonstrated in this video, youâll want to keep in mind several important points that have been mentioned:
Before anything else, youâll need to warm up properly. You can prepare your chest for the workout by doing 20 reps using a barbell. This will also get your blood pumping nicely.
Starting Off with the Incline Barbell Press and the Incline Dumbbell
Thereâs a method to the madness when you start out your Superset Chest Workout with the most difficult exercises. You have to begin your workout with these, while you are at your strongest. Ending your workout with these exercises (when your strength reserves are already depleted) isnât exactly a good idea. Itâs not just ineffective, but dangerous as well.
For the first set, you will want to use a close grip for the barbell exercise. Use a medium grip for the 2nd set, and then a wide grip for the 3rd. You should also rest for 60 seconds in between sets.
- The first set consists of 10 reps with the barbell, and 6 to 10 reps with the dumbbells.
- The second set has you doing 8 reps with the barbell, but with more weight. The dumbbell weight however should remain the same.
- The third set requires 6 reps with the barbell, and again with additional weight. For the dumbbells, try to go for 10, or until you canât do any reps anymore.
Continuing On with the Flat Bench Dumbbell Flye and the Incline Pushup
With the next batch of supersets, here are some points to remember:
- Youâll have to do four sets of flat bench dumbbell flyes (see the video on how to do this properly) and pushups. Remember to rest for 60 seconds in between sets.
- Start off light when it comes to the dumbbells. Youâll have to do some experimenting at first, and if the weight is too much right at the start, donât hesitate to scale it back.
- The first two sets involve doing 12 reps with the dumbbells. You need to increase the weight for each set. Then you end the set by doing incline pushups. Remember not to lock your arms for this. Perform pushups until you canât go any further. Then rest for 60 seconds, and start with the next set.
Finishing Off with the Cable Flyes
Now itâs time to really focus on your chest as you do your cable flyes. You start out with 15 reps, rest for 60 seconds, and then another set of 15 reps. After that, you increase the weight but you only perform 12 reps. The final set has you decreasing the weight on the cables, and then doing reps with quick movements until you tire yourself out.
You may want to do the Superset Chest Workout twice a week for maximum results. If youâve seen Brian Casadâs before pictures and compare it to how he looks now, you know that this is a workout that really WORKS!