Even though estrogen is supposed to be the predominant female hormone, men also produce this hormone just the way women produce testosterone. As a matter of fact, men also require both estrogen and testosterone for both the development and proper functioning of their sexual organs. However, there needs to be an optimum balance between the two hormones to ensure proper overall and sexual health in men. A hormonal imbalance is likely to give rise to a host of health problems and issues.
Causes of high estrogen in men
Let’s have a look at some of the main causes of high estrogen levels in men:
As men age, their bodies undergo hormonal changes. It is not unknown to many that men tend to lose testosterone as they get older. As they lose or produce less and less of testosterone, estrogen levels in their bodies increase. Typically, a drop in testosterone starts taking place after the age of 30 and so does an increase in estrogen levels.
Testosterone in your body gets converted into estrogen through the aromatase enzyme. Now, the level of this enzyme tends to increase through various factors and lifestyle issues. The higher the level of aromatase enzyme in your body, the more conversion of testosterone into estrogen is likely to occur.
Your diet plays a major role in your overall health and well-being. Not only this, the foods that you eat contribute to hormonal production too. Foods that are rich in refined carbohydrates tend to increase fat in your body and excess fat tends to raise the secretion of aromatase enzyme. As a result, your body starts producing more estrogen.
Stress can lead to a host of health problems in issues. It not only affects your mental state of well-being but can also take a toll on your hormonal production. Chronic stress tends to increase the production of hormone Cortisol in your body.
Now, it is important to note that Cortisol and Testosterone are inversely related. In other words, when Cortisol goes up testosterone levels in your body go down. Furthermore, a drop in testosterone levels in your body leads to an increase in estrogen levels.
Even though it is not possible to lead a stress-free life, you can try and cope with stress through stress management techniques.
Some of such techniques may include the following:
- Try breathing exercises – These exercises are extremely simple to do and can help lower stress almost immediately. Just take a deep breath and hold your breath for 5 seconds before exhaling. Try to do this for at least 5 minutes a day. You can do these exercises anytime and anywhere. Personally, I prefer doing them when I hit the best at night. Over the years, I have found that they can reduce stress and help me sleep better too.
- Try yoga or meditation – Yoga and tai chi are amazingly effective at reducing stress. These exercise forms focus on your breathing pattern and can help calm down both your body and mind. You can also try meditation to reduce stress.
- Gym training – Strength training is also an amazing stress buster for many. Try to workout regularly and you will find yourself coping with stress in a much better way.
- Enjoy a light comedy – One of the best and most enjoyable ways to reduce stress is by watching a light comedy. Alternatively, you may also spend time with your partner and friend whose company you enjoy and to whom you can talk about things bothering you.
- Try a supplement that lowers cortisol – Over and above, you can also enjoy a supplement that can help reduce cortisol and stress naturally and safely without side effects.
As mentioned above, excess body fat is likely to increase aromatase enzyme in your body which in turn may lead to a faster conversion of testosterone into estrogen.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy or TRT
It is not uncommon for men to experience low libido and erectile dysfunction because of a drop in their testosterone levels. However, if a doctor prescribes such men TRT or testosterone injections, it can lead to a whole lot of health problems and issues. Another scenario is that of professional bodybuilders taking testosterone injections to boost their muscle growth and strength.
A most probable problem arising out of high levels of testosterone in your body is that it may lead to a substantial increase in the secretion of aromatase enzyme which tends to convert testosterone into estrogen. Thus, TRT can also lead to high estrogen levels in men.
Xenoestrogens are compounds that mimic estrogen in your body. Your body tends to get these compounds through the use of products that are made up of plastic and heavy metals. Not just this, cosmetic and body care products are also known to contain these compounds and this is why you must try to avoid using such products.
How To Lower Estrogen in Men
One of the best and most effective ways to reduce or lower estrogen in men is with the help of a natural and safe DIM supplement. DIM 3X from Primegenix is one such supplement that is proven to work and is recommended and endorsed by doctors.
This is what makes DIM 3X better than other competing brands on the market.
DIM 3x from Primegenix is a 100% natural formula that consists of ingredients such as DIM, vitamin E, Astragin, and Bioperine. It works better than other competing brands on the market since the presence of Bioperine which ensures faster and ready absorption of all the other ingredients into the body.
It can help lower estrogen and support testosterone production in your body. It can help you get better results from your workouts, burn excess fat faster and also help elevate your mood.
There are no side effects and it has been getting amazingly positive user reviews. Check out my complete Primegenix DIM 3 review by clicking here.