In this video, UK Nationals champ Rob Riches focuses on the biceps. It’s one of the most prominent parts of the body where you can really have great muscles. Guys also love it when the ladies grab their biceps to gauge the hardness and strength of our muscles. Most guys wonder about how to get the “peak” of the bicep. That’s the part of the arm which grows bigger when you do an arm muscle pose.
So how do you achieve this great peak? First you need to have lean body fat levels in your system. You also need good muscle definition and size so you can show off those muscles when you bring your arm together. Rob Riches admits that part of the reason you can achieve this (as Rob has) is genetics, and this is something you have no control over. If you have a shorter space for that muscle then it will peak more when you contract it.
But then you can do a couple of exercises to help you build your bicep peak. You can do this at the end of a heavy arm workout. You can finish off that workout properly with these exercises, so that you can really go for that bicep peak look.
All you will need for weights for this superset is an EZ bar curl and a pair of dumbbells. You will also need an adjustable bench.
EZ Bar Curl Exercise
Here you’ll need the adjustable bench and the EZ bar curl.
- Get the adjustable bench and adjust it about three clicks up, and then copy the position that Rob takes for this exercise. Make sure you copy how Rob stabilizes his position with his toes as well.
- Take note of what Rob says about the elbows. As you can see from the video, the elbows are not pushing back against the weight. It’s actually staying in basically the same spot throughout the exercise.
- Focus on contracting your biceps while you lift the EZ bar curl. When you set the weight down, do not straighten your arms. You want to keep that bit of tension on your biceps. At the top, really go for that squeeze.
Lay on your back on the incline bench. You will need a pair of dumbbells for this exercise.
- Again, take note of how the elbows stay in position while you curl those dumbbells.
- Don’t forget your breathing. You breathe out as you lift up the weights.
- Your arms again do not straighten out completely when you lower the weights. That tension on your biceps must be maintained.
Since these exercises come at the end of your arm workout, it’s not the time for you to work with heavy weights. Those heavy weights come at the beginning of your workout, so that you can really focus on your arms.
Since the weights are lighter, you need to go for more reps. About 12 to 15 reps for each should suffice. This is also a superset so that means you need to follow the first exercise immediately with the second.
[ajax_load_more post_type=”post” category=”biceps-workout”]